Monday, February 19, 2018

Being Married Early

I was minding my own self, enrolled in all boys school.

Except for female relatives, quite a few of them, female friends are almost non existent.

Mind me, I am comfortable to be with. Some uncles and aunties hinted that they would like me as their son in law and all. And I was smitten by a cousin as well when I was young but was so scared of her brothers.

Until I met my wife.

It was not love at first sight. She despise me for being loud, arrogant and obnoxious. And I think she was an overly pampered girl who does not know where she left her wallet.

This goes on until we had friendly rivalry in our TOEFL exams.

SAT?. I never could beat her, except in Math.

This so called rivalry makes me aware of her true self and I believed we have our shields down slowly after that.

Matters got worse. My days would not be complete if I did not see her. And all these with having female friends on my right and back.

I only realised that I was in love after I confide with our late friend Amran. I went to his house in Kelang and later I made a call to him in Ysiplanti.

I confessed my love for her and proposed to her on the 14th January 1986. With all the goals and targets that I have made for myself, I add another mountain to that long list.

We have known for 33 years, being a couple for 32. Being husband and wife for 27 years.

The kids are told that they could marry any time when they are ready to be responsible. Being in love is a beautiful thing and being married to your best friend, soul mate is not something that I would not object or delay.

My greatest fear was not being able to have my then girl friend to be part of my life. My mom, brothers and sister will always be there as we are blood related. But to include some one from outside that circle was extremely difficult journey.

No comments: